Test set MT 1 testing station for the analysis of sieve residue – compliant to ISO 787-18
The MT 1 is a testing device for the determination of sieve residue after mechanical water flushing of pigments, extenders and other powder materials in general (known also as Mocker apparatus).
Inside the testing device the pigment or extender to be tested is brought into a circular movement by a water jet rotor which is situated inside the vessel. The fine materials are separated from the coarse materials by the water and the fine particles are flushed through a sieve. The sieve residue is dried and gravimetrically analyzed according to the guidelines. Appropriate sieves (main range ISO 565) must be used according to the different testing guidelines. Furthermore, the recommendations of the DIN EN ISO 787-18 shall be used.
The percentage of the components of impurities is specifically prescribed and is analyzed in order to maintain the desired product quality. The test set MT 1 quickly provides the result which can be adjusted to the prescribed limiting values within the quality control.
Examples for application
The test set MT 1 is used worldwide for the testing of inorganic pigments, aerosils, silanes and carbons and also for materials like zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and other powder materials. Applications for organic polymers are possible in selected cases.
- Design according to DIN EN ISO 787-18
- Measurement ranges from 0,020 mm to 0,8 mm
- Programmable digital timer
- Handy sieves (diameter 50 mm, weight from 5 g) available with stainless steel or plastic ring
- Easy sieve positioning and removal
- Absolute reproducibility of screening results
- No dust forming due to sealed construction
- Glass vessel for observation of process
- Reliable and durable technology
- Easy servicing
- Compact space saving design
- Automatic lifting system for vessel lid
- Low noise level
- Housing: stainless steel
- Analysis container: stainless special steel
- Container cover/lid: glass / brass, stainless steel
- Pressure reducing valve brass, adjustable: 0 – 6 bar
(Water pressure standard set up: 3 bar – according to ISO 787-18)
- Flow meter: 60 – 600 L/h
- Typical flow at the nozzles: 145 L/h
- Typical total flow rate: ~ 340 l/h
- Programmable digital timer
- Input funnel: stainless steel
- Discharge unit w / hose: stainless steel
- Noise parameters: DIN 45635-01
- Emitting value referring to: L pA eq = < 50 dB (A)
*All product, product specifications and data are subject to change without notice to improve reliability, function or design.
Sieves according to ISO 565 DIN 3310-1
Sieves with a diameter of 50 mm with or without an impact tongue are used according to different test methods. These screens make the handling for the user very simple and allow the weighing by using standard analytical balances. The sieves are supplied either with plastic rings (Type A – Weight 5 g) or stainless steel rings (Type B– Weight 20 g). The sieve fabric is testing sieve fabric according to DIN 9044 ISO 4783. It is possible to obtain testing certificates (3.1 B according to DIN EN 10204 or factory certificates 2.2.)